There are three ways that a candidate can start a test on the Mettl platform.
- In case the candidate has received an Email with the test notification.
- If the candidate has received a test link URL.
- If the candidate has received an invitation key.
In case the candidate has received an Email with the test notification.
1. Click on the “Click HERE”' tab to download the Mettl Secure Browser(MSB).
- MSB will run only on Windows OS (Version 7 and above)
- Will support minimum 4.5.1. .Net framework
- 65 MB permanent free space on the default hard drive
File Size: Medium (~65 MB)
2. Once the Setup file for MSB is downloaded, open the file to install the MSB browser and click on 'Next' to proceed.
Once the installation is completed, the icon for MSB is available on the desktop:
3. Once MSB has been installed, please make sure to check the system compatibility by clicking on the CHECK SYSTEM COMPATIBILITY tab. This will ensure if the system is ready to take the test on MSB.
4. Click on to the ‘START TEST’ tab on test invitation email tab to get redirected to the test page on MSB browser.
The candidate has received a test link URL.
1. Copy and paste the link that you have received on the address bar of the browser. Click on the 'Launch Test' button.
The candidate has received an invitation key for the assessment.
1. If the Mettl Secure Browser is not installed on the machine:
- Type 'tests.mettl.com' on the address bar of the browser. The following page opens:
- Enter the invitation key and click on 'Go' or press 'Enter', the following screen appears:
- Click on 'Launch Test' to move further into the test.
2. In case the Mettl Secure Browser is already installed, open the application and enter the invitation key.
The following steps are generic and to be followed once the test is launched:
1. Once the test is launched, the test they will get the below screen. Click on “Click Here” tab to download MSB browser.
If the Mettl Secure Browser is already installed, then click on “Start Test” Tab to start the test in MSB browser.
2. After clicking on the start Test button a Pop-up will appear asking to launch the test on MSB. Select the MSB and click on "Open link" to launch the MSB.
3. On Launching the MSB a dialogue box will appear prompting to close any other application. Click on OK button to proceed.
4. The Mettl Secure Browser(MSB) opens up once OK is clicked. The following screen appears where the permissions to share the camera and microphone are fetched by the browser. This is an automated process and the test takers do not need to give any permissions to the exam platform.
5. After clicking on the start Test button, the test will start in MSB, Test can proceed thereafter by clicking on 'Next'.
Once the Dry Run is Completed Candidate will get the below screens:
- Once the candidate clicks on the ‘Next’ button, he/she will be directed to an instructions page. The candidate is supposed to read carefully and adhere to all the instructions provided, until the completion of the test. Candidates need to click on ‘Proceed’ button in order to be directed to the registration page.
Candidates are required to fill in all the relevant data and proceed by clicking on ‘Next’.
- Candidate will be redirected to the snapshot page where the candidate needs to provide the snapshot of the face and a snapshot of the ID card.
After providing the snapshot, candidates are guided to a ‘Section Instructions Page’. Upon reading all the instructions carefully, candidates may start the test by clicking on the ‘Start Test’ tab.
- Once a candidate clicks on ‘Start Test’ it will open up the main test window. The screen has the following data.
- Time remaining for the test, displayed on the top right corner of the test window.
- 'Next Question' tab on the bottom right corner of the test window. Candidates can navigate between questions by clicking on the respective question number as well.
- 'Section #1’, by using the option provided candidates can navigate between sections, or by clicking on the 'Next Section' tab on the bottom right of the test window.
- 'Finish Test' tab on the top right corner of the test window.
- The Revisit option helps the candidate mark a question that can be reviewed later before finishing the test.
- The status of the question can be known according to the colour displayed. The Green colour is for the question attempted, Orange for the questions to be reviewed and Grey for the questions not attempted.
Once a candidate decides to submit the test, he/she can do so by clicking on the ‘Finish Test’ tab at the top right corner of the screen. After clicking on ‘Finish Test’, candidates are guided to a ‘Test Summary’ page. Candidates are supposed to review all the details and either go back by clicking on ‘Cancel’ or proceed to submit by clicking on ‘Yes, Finish Test’.
- After the candidate clicks on 'Yes, Finish Test', the following screen is displayed. We are making sure that all your responses are being saved securely on our servers for processing.
- On completion of the test, candidates are requested to provide a feedback regarding their test-taking experience.
I have given the required permissions to the platform even then the test is not working. I am getting the following error: