MSB : Mettl Secure Browser
Mettl Secure Browser (MSB) is a web browser-environment to carry out online exams safely. The candidate needs to install the Safe Exam Browser .exe file in the system which would install all the required packages.
Once this is installed, it will work as a separate browser which will close all other browser windows and application which is running in the background.
Steps to install the Mettl Secure Browser (MSB):
Click on the Mettl Secure Browser (MSB) downloaded file with the name MSB.exe. You would be taken through the below flow.
The Mettl Secure Browser (MSB) will close all the browser windows and applications active on the system and asks you for a formal permission to do so.
Before MSB is launched it closes all the other applications running in the back ground on the system also mentions the applications name in the message.You need to click on the OK option on the warning message so that Msb can launch itself.
Also if MSB is not able to close all the mentioned application, a second message displays on the screen and ask you to close those application manually from the Task Manager.
Kindly open the Task Manager on your system, select the mentioned options from the Apps and Background Processes and close them by clicking on End Task one by one then click on OK as shown on the MSB window in order to proceed with the test.
Steps to open the Task Manager - Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete and click the Task Manager option.
We would like to inform you that to make sure that MSB(Mettl Secure Browser) functions properly you have to ensure below pointers.
- No restrictions should be implied on Network and the Application.
- Disable the Anti-Virus.
- Should have Administrative rights on the system.
- Windows needs to be upto date with no pending installation.
- Should not be logged in as a Guest User.
- MSB will run on only windows (7 and above)
- Will support minimum 4.5.1. .Net framework(which comes inbuilt in the MSB.exe file)
- 65 MB permanent free space on the default hard drive
File Size: Medium (~65 MB)
Lock down mode:
- Once the test starts MSB will not allow you to move out of the application before the test is finished.
- The application will close all currently running applications
- Browsers i.e. Mozilla Firefox, Google chrome etc
- Other (like Skype etc.)
- Mettl Secure Browser (MSB) doesn't have any navigation buttons, but the optional reload button in the taskbar or the key F5 can be used to reload the current page *(avoid pressing F5 key as it also submits the test if pressed while attempting the questions)
- Screen Sharing using cable:
- If candidate screen is shared before starting SEB: It will nor let the candidate to start test until he/she removes the cable
- If candidate shares screen after starting SEB: the test will terminate.