Mercer | Mettl test can either be:
- Proctored- Using your live-video feed from your integrated webcam/USB webcam, you will be monitored by remote proctors or Mercer | Mettl’s AI system.
- Non- Proctored- No-live video feed is streamed. Hence no monitoring by remote proctors.
With the following basic system requirements checklist, you can ensure that you launch Mercer | Mettl tests without any difficulty.
1. Network Speed
Mercer | Mettl requires following minimum upload bandwidth
(speed) to run online tests:
You can check your network speed using the following two websites:
If your network speed is above the advised speed, you should not a face a problem while attempting the test.
2. Supported Browsers
You can attempt Mercer | Mettl tests on any of the following recommended browsers:
For (Proctored test)
For (Non-proctored test)
Google chrome latest three version
Google Chrome latest three version
Firefox latest three version
Firefox latest three version
Safari latest three version
Safari latest three version
Microsoft edge latest
Microsoft edge latest three version
Our mobile apps are supported for Android 5.0+ and iOS 14+ and therefore are available for 16k+ device models from 100+ manufacturers. The support for the apps extends to iPads and Android tablets.
Mercer | Mettl - Apps on Google Play
Take Mercer | Mettl assessments on your mobile device.Kindly click on the below icon to download the app.
3. Browser Settings
Once you have the latest supported browser versions, you may easily start the test. However, in a rare case you may face difficulty in starting the test, due to the pop-up blocker setting of your browser. Here is what you can do to fix this:
- Use the “allow once/always” pop-ups function from your browser settings to allow test window to open
- Optionally, you may disable the pop-up blocker for the duration of the test. Here is how you can do it:
- For Mozilla Firefox on Windows: Click the menu button and select Settings -> Select the Privacy & Security panel -> Go down to the Permissions section -> Uncheck the box next to Block pop-up windows to disable the pop-up blocker altogether.
- For Google Chrome: Go to ‘chrome: //settings/’ --> Click on 'Show advanced settings' (at the end of the page). Under 'Privacy and Security', click on Settings' > Privacy and security > site settings > Pop ups and Redirect’s > by clicking on > Sites can send pop-ups and use redirects, you’re allowing the site pop up’s.
- Microsoft Edge: Go to 'edge: //settings/content/popups' go to settings > Cookie’s and site permissions > Pop Ups and Redirect’s disable 'Block'.
After performing the above steps, please restart the browser.
4. Things to remember
Browser Cache Settings:
- It is always advisable to clear browser cache/cookies before starting any Mettl tests. For most browsers, pressing “CTRL+SHIFT+DELETE” and selecting Clear Cache (for Firefox and Chrome) helps you clear the cookies.
In case you still face any issue in loading the test, shut down the system directly using the power button and then clear the cache again.
Mercer | Mettl also recommends to disabling the security patches, updates of the anti-virus definitions and/or application updates (manually) during the test to avoid any interference while taking the test.
You can disable automatic system updates for the duration of the test as they may lead to heavy downloads during the test and auto-system restart will hamper your test progress.
- To disable System Auto-updates, follow the below steps:
- For Windows, Go to ‘Start’ -> ‘Run’ -> Type Services.msc’ and then stop ‘Automatic Updates’ service.
- In case you get a prompt that 'Ports 1987 and 1988 have been blocked, please contact your network administrator to assist you with system permissions.
5. Firewall Settings
If you are attempting the test form your office or college premises, it may be possible that there are certain local network restrictions in the network firewall may be preventing the launch of Mercer | Mettl tests. If you are facing any such issues, please contact your local network administrator and ask them to perform the following actions
Grant necessary firewall permissions to allow all requests from all subdomains of “mettl.com” in any of the following manner:
- If possible, allow all access from the network to *.mettl.com
- If wildcards are not allowed in the firewall configuration rules, then please allow all access to the domain tabulated below:
- For China
*.mercermettl.com tests.mercermettl.com pr.mercermettl.com media.mercermettl.com node.mercermettl.com api.mercermettl.com static.mercermettl.com proctoring-gateway.mercermettl.com
*.mercermettl.eu Tests.mercermettl.eu pr.mercermettl.eu media.mercermettl.eu node.mercermettl.eu api.mercermettl.eu
Unblock the following domains
Domain : (turnserver.mettl.com) (turnserver.mettl.com) Ports TCP : 3478
Ports UDP : 3478 , Range 49152 – 65535
Unblock the following domains for China
Domain : (turnserver.mercermettl.com) (turnserver.mercermettl.com)
Ports TCP: 3478
Ports UDP: 3478, Range 49152 – 65535
Unblock the following domains for EU
Domain : (turnserver.mercermettl.eu) (turnserver.mercermettl.eu) Ports TCP : 3478 Ports UDP : 3478 , Range 49152 – 65535
Opening these ports will make the service faster and efficient while giving you better quality images.
For webcam proctored tests,
- Make sure that you uninstall any external webcam software (any third party/vendor software) from your system prior to starting the test.
6. Emails Settings
If you want to ensure the test invitation email is never sent to your spam/junk folder, ensure to add the email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) to your address book.
We have shared the steps below to add a contact on some of the most popular email service providers and tools.
1. Open Gmail in a web browser and login into the account.
2. Click the Google apps button (it's shaped like a grid) at the top-right, next to your account icon.
3. Click Contacts. Or Go to https://contacts.google.com in a web browser.
4. Open Contacts and click Plus icon Create contact.
5. Enter the contact's name and add Mercer Mettl email id- email@example.com.
6. Click on "Save".
Open Yahoo Mail in a web browser and then click the Contacts icon near the top of the page, to the right of the inbox.
Click the All tab. Click "Add a new contact" at the bottom of the pane.
1. Open Outlook in a web browser and login into the account. Click the app launcher icon — the nine-dot box — in the upper-left corner of the screen to view the available apps. Select All apps to expand the list.
app to open your contacts list. Add a contact in the People app by selecting
and entering the
Mercer Mettl email id- firstname.lastname@example.org.
to save the new contact.
1. Login into your iCloud account. After successfully login, click the “Contacts” icon on the main page and go to the contacts page.
2. Create a new contact: click the Show Add Menu pop-up button in the sidebar, then choose New Contact. A blank contact card appears.
3. Add information Mercer Mettl email id- email@example.com and Click Done.
Microsoft Outlook APp
in the "Home" tab and select
In the new contact window, enter the
Mercer Mettl email id- firstname.lastname@example.org
, then select the
"Save and Close"