Role Based Access Control
Mettl allows you to provide role based access to any sub-user in your account. You can also restrict access to certain features in your account for specific users.
This feature allows you to define roles and associate only a limited set of permissions with each role. These roles can then be assigned to specific users and each user can access the features associated with his role only. Follow the below steps to use this feature:
- Click on 'Account Settings' at the top right corner and select “Global Settings” from the drop-down.
- Click on the “Users & Roles” option.
- Click on “Manage Roles”.
- To add a new role click on “Add Role” to define a role:
- Add a "Role Name" and "Role Description".
- Select the functions that you would like to be accessed by that particular role. For example, if you intend to assign the responsibility of managing your assessments to a particular user but do not wish to allow the user to access the content or results in your account, you can create a role which doesn’t have any permissions except the assessment permissions available.
- Various permissions and sub-options available for role creation are:
- Assessment related permissions.
- Questions related permissions.
- Candidate related permissions.
- Results and analytics related permissions.
- Proctoring and authorization related permissions.
- Other global level permissions.
- Once your role is defined, click on “Save Role” to save your settings. The role you created now starts appearing in your account.
- To create a copy of the role, use the “Copy” button. Similarly, to modify a role, click the “Edit” button.
- Now invite users to perform the roles defined by you in your account. Click the “Invite User” button.
- Enter the name and email address of the user you would like to invite and select the relevant role from the list of roles available and click on INVITE.
- The user will receive an email invitation for collaboration with the account, containing the username and password that can be used to login to the account.
- You can modify the role assigned to a particular user by selecting the role you would like to assign, from the list of available roles, then click on update for saving the changes.
Please refer to the GIF given below: