Enable MPaaS LTI in Blackboard Learn
Blackboard is a leading EdTech company serving higher education, K-12, business and government clients around the world. We connect a deep understanding of education with the power of technology to continuously push the boundaries of learning.
Reach out to your Account Manager for the LTI keys specific to your account.
Note: Currently Blackboard Learn v3800.17.0+ is supported with MPaaS
Group Name: In MPaaS, the group name is the group under which candidates registered under a course on LMS are registered on MPaaS.
In other words, after integration, course name and Quiz name on LMS is the Group name on MPaaS
User ID: User ID is used to uniquely identify a candidate, on MPaaS. After integration, the Email ID of the candidate on LMS becomes User ID on MPaaS.
Public key: Public key of the client's account on MPaaS
Private key: Private key of the client’s account on MPaaS
Is authorization on: Proctoring setting to enable manual authorization, if this setting is enabled, then-candidate will have to undergo manual authorization.
Enable Recording: Proctoring settings to enable Full session recording, if this setting is enabled the whole session of the candidate will be recorded and will be made available in the report.
Enable screen capture: Proctoring setting to enable candidate screen capture, if this setting is enabled, the candidate’s screen will be captured.
Full Screen mode: Proctoring setting to enable full screen mode for the candidate.
Enable Navigation Control: Proctoring setting to enable candidate Lockdown mode.
Disable Other Chrome Extensions: Proctoring setting to disable all Chrome Extensions installed on a candidate machine, except the Mettl Chrome Extensions, for the duration of the exam. The Chrome Extensions get re-enabled after the Quiz gets over.
To setup the MPaaS tool follow the following steps:
- Login to your Blackboard Learn LMS instance
- Go to the System Admin
- Select LTI Tool Providers.
- Click on Register Provider Domain and enter the following Details:
- Enter the Provider Domain as, “lti-mpaas.mettl.com”
- Select the Domain Provider Status - Approved
- Select the “Define Globally” settings as the Default setting
- Tool Provider key: Public key //Will be provided by
- Tool Provider Secret: Private key
//Will be provided by Mettl
- For the Submit User data section, select the “Send user data over any
- Select Role in the Course, Name and Email address as the User fields to
- Click on Submit
- Now the Tool will be available in the list of LTI Tool Providers.
Go to the MPaaS tool and select the Manage Placements option for the tool created and click on “Create Placements” and Enter the Following settings:
Identifier: MPaaS //can be anything as per your requirement
Select the Type as Course Content Type
Tool Provider key: Public key //Will be provided by Mettl
Tool Provider Secret: Private key //Will be provided by Mettl
Click on Submit
MPaaS external LTI tool is now ready to be used in the courses on your Blackboard Learn LMS.
Setting up the Proctoring on a Quiz via MPaaS
- Go to the Content section of the Course where you want to enable MPaaS
- Click on the Build Content Dropdown and select the MPaaS tool created and add it into the course.
Logging into the MPaaS Chrome Extension
To login into MPaaS Chrome Extension, the instructor simply needs to click on the MPaaS tool added into the course, and they will be auto logged into it.
Not Logged in State:
Logged in State:
Setting up MPaaS inside a Quiz:
Once you have successfully logged inside the MPaaS chrome extension, to enable MPaaS in a quiz follow the following steps:
- Go to the "Edit the test options" setting of the Quiz where you want to enable MPaaS
- Inside the settings, you will find the MPaaS toggle switch, turning it on will enable MPaaS inside the Quiz.
- After turning the Switch on, additional settings of MPaaS can be turned on/off depending upon the stake of the exam. Also the link for MPaaS Chrome Extension is added inside the Quiz Description for the convenience of students.
- After enabling MPaaS, you need to setup a Password for the Quiz. This setting is made a prerequisite for the Quiz if MPaaS is enabled, as it makes sure candidates are not able to launch the quiz without proctoring.
- Once the settings are marked, and the password is set, click on Submit. Now the quiz is proctoring enabled.
You have now successfully enabled Proctoring on a Quiz on BlackBoard Learn.