How to create Short Answer Question (SAQ)
To create a Short Answer Question(SAQ)
- In your account, click on My Questions tab and click on Add Question button on top right side.
- Select the Question Type as Short Answer Question from the drop down options and provide a Topic Name in which the question is supposed to be added.
- In the screen that opens, enter the question text and also the expected response(usually 1-2 words for SAQ)
- You can also edit the text of question/options using our text editor options available at the top.
- In case you want to allocate marks for a partially correct answer , you can add multiple choices/options and assign relevant weightage(%) to each option added.
- You can now preview the added questions by clicking on the "Preview" button
- Then, click on the 'SAVE' button to save the question in the respective Skill-Set / Topic.
Please refer the below GIF for details.
Add SAQ questions in bulk: In order to upload bulk questions onto the platform, log in to your account and click on the ‘My Questions’ tab on the top bar.Once on the My Questions page, Click on the upload arrow beside ‘Add Questions’ tab and download the bulk upload template for the relevant ‘Question Type’
You will now see a xls file. The first sheet of the upload template is the ‘Instruction’ sheet which is detailed manual to help you navigate the upload template. All the necessary steps are laid out for easy understanding, we suggest that you refer it while using the template for the first time.
In the format downloaded, enter all your questions along with the following information(in the Short Answer sheet):
- Topic: Enter the ‘Question Bank’ under which you want the question to be saved on the platform. Please note that one question can have only one topic name, however questions for varying topics can be uploaded simultaneously.
- Difficulty Level: Enter the appropriate difficulty level for the question (Easy, Medium, Difficult).
- Question Text: Enter the respective text of the question.
- Best Answer: Enter the best answer that is required. 100% marks will be awarded to this answer.
- 2nd Best Answer (Optional):
- 3rd Best Answer (Optional):
- 4th Best Answer (Optional):
- 5th Best Answer (Optional):
- Wghtg (%) 2 (optional): Answer weightage to be assigned to 2nd best answer.
- Wghtg (%) 3 (optional): Answer weightage to be assigned to 3rd best answer.
- Wghtg (%) 4 (optional): Answer weightage to be assigned to 4th best answer.
- Wghtg (%) 5 (optional): Answer weightage to be assigned to 5th best answer.
- Answer Description (Optional): If you want the answer description to be a part of the report, enter the appropriate description.
Weightage for individual options can vary between 0-100% as required.
**Please ensure that if the fields marked as ‘Optional’ are not required, kindly leave it blank.