Mettl 360View is an easy-to-use and flexible 360-degree feedback platform which lets you seamlessly run 360-degree program across your organization. This guide will help you setup a 360-degree feedback survey in minutes.
You can create a new 360-degree feedback survey by clicking on the Create Survey button. Survey creation is a simple 3-step process:
1. Selecting a Survey TemplateThe first step is to select the right survey template. A survey template is a questionnaire comprising of multiple questions measuring various competencies for a particular job role or hierarchy in an organization.
360View has a pre-built library of some common survey templates which you can explore by using the Preview option. If a pre-built template suits your needs, you can select that and get going. In case you have specific requirements or want to make changes to any existing template, you can contact us and we will get it tailored according to your needs.All templates which are customized according to your needs, will be available under the My Templates tab. Once you’ve selected a template, you can click on Next and go to the Add Participants step.
2. Adding Participants to your 360-degree surveyIn this step, you can easily add the participants who you want to include in this 360-degree feedback survey. Participants in a 360-degree feedback survey can be added in two ways:
- Admin-driven process: You can use this option if you have the information for the feedback seekers and their respective feedback providers ready with you. You can simply upload/add them at the ‘Add Participants’ step while creating a survey.
- Employee-driven process: You can use this option if you want the feedback seekers to nominate their respective feedback providers. Including an approver who reviews and approves the list of nominated feedback providers is optional. You can upload/add the feedback seekers and their respective approvers at the ‘Add Participants’ step during survey creation. To learn more, check out this article.
Once you select your preferred method, you can add participants through:
- Bulk upload using Excel
- You will prefer the excel upload way if the number of participants is large. All you need to do is to download the excel upload template, populate the template with participants’ data and browse the file to upload it. 360View will automatically highlight any discrepancies in the data and will guide you about the corrections which you need to do.
- Download the error excel file to see the corrections required, make changes and re-upload the same error file. If there are no further errors, you will see all data successfully uploaded.
- Even after uploading complete data, you have the flexibility to add more participants through the interface and also make any changes to the already uploaded data.
- Adding through the Interface
- In case the number of participants are few, adding them through the interface is recommended. Just click on this option and you can quickly include multiple feedback seekers and providers.
- Once you’ve added all the participants to this survey, you can go to the Next step to setup the emails for this 360-degree survey.
3. Setting up Emails and RemindersThe right communication with your employees is critical for the success of your 360-degree feedback program. 360View lets you setup your emails customized to your organizational needs.
In the Setup Email step, you can setup the following emails:
This is the first email communication to your employees intimating them about the 360-degree feedback program and requesting them to provide their feedback for the nominated feedback seekers. You can fully customize the email body and subject making use of the rich-text editor and dynamic keys for a more personalized communication.
The email will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org with your name in the From field. To make it easy for your employees to ask any questions related to the 360-degree survey, there is a provision for replying to your email address so that they can directly write back to you for any questions.
The email will be sent to all participants when you send out this survey at the Finalize step.
Getting timely responses to the 360-degree survey is a challenge and you may want to remind your employees to complete the survey before the closing date. 360View makes it simple for you to setup automated reminders so that you don’t have to login to the system and manually send reminders.
You can setup a maximum of three automated reminders with customized content and schedule. The reminders can be configured to be sent ‘X’ number of days before the survey closes at a specific time (e.g. send reminder 5 days before the survey closes).
At the Finalize step, you can name your 360-degree survey and setup the survey close date. You also get a summary of all previous steps and you can go back to make any changes, if required. Once you’ve checked everything, you can click on Finish and Send to send all the invites and make the survey live.
You can keep a track of your surveys through the dashboard. You will see a snapshot of all your surveys in various stages up-front.