Mettl’s non-proctored test does not need any special software or hardware to launch and can be attempted in a minimum network bandwidth of 256 kbps. An integrated web-cam will not be required to launch this test on your system.
You can access/launch Mettl test using either of the following methods(depending upon the method adopted by your test administrator)
- Using the test invitation email
- Using test link/URL
- Using test invitation key
Using test invitation emailIf your test administrator has opted to invite you for the via and invitation email, you would receive an email on your email address from firstname.lastname@example.org (If not found, please check the SPAM folder of your email). The test invitation email would look like the following:
Click on the 'CHECK SYSTEM COMPATIBILITY' tab in your email, to be redirected to a system check link. Mettl' will now check if your system is ready and has all necessary hardware/software available to launch the test. If system compatibility is successful, click to the ‘START TEST’ tab to get redirected to the test page.
Using test link URLIf your test administrator has shared a test link/URL with you, you simply need to paste this URL in the address bar of your browser and hit enter. This will redirect you to the test page.
Using test invitation keyIf your test administrator has shared a 8-12 digit test invitation key with you (something similar looking with eatys352tr), you need to perform the following steps:
- Open your browser and in the address bar, type “tests.mettl.com”
- Copy/Paste or type you invitation key in the box displayed
- Click on the “Go” button
Once you have reached the test page(after following either of the above mentioned 3 methods), you will click on “Launch Test” button. The following steps would follow:
- A system check is run in the background to check the system compatibility for the test.
- Once the system check is completed you will have to click on ‘Next’ button.
- Clicking on the “Next” button, will redirect you to test instructions page. Please read the instructions carefully and adhere to all of them till test in completed.
- Please click on the ‘Proceed’ button in order to be re-directed to the registration page.
- Enter the relevant details in the information boxes and click on “Next”
- In some cases, you may just have to enter your email address to start the test.
- You will now be redirected to “Section instructions” page. Please ensure you read all the instructions before clicking on the “Start Test” button
Congratulations, you are now on your test window and can start attempting the test. On your screen, you may now see:
- Time remaining for the test, displayed on the top right corner of the test window.
- Next Question' tab on the bottom right corner of the test window. You navigate between questions by clicking on the respective question number as well.
- “Section” switch drop-down on the top-left corner(in case you have multiple sections in your test.
- 'Finish Test' tab on the top right corner of the test window.
- “Revisit” option to help you mark a question that can be reviewed later before finishing the test.
- Overall status of the question, which are color coded
- Green color is for the question attempted
- Orange for the questions to be reviewed
- Grey for the questions not attempted.Once you are done attempting and reviewing the questions, you can chose to end your test by clicking the “finish test” button. If the time allotted to your test is finished, your test will be auto completed and submitted. Clicking on finish test, shows you the summary of your test.Your test is not finished yet and you can review the summary and go-back to back changes, if needed. Only if you click on “Yes, Finish Test” button, your test will be submitted. Please wait on the test screen while your test is being submitted. Once done, you will land on the following screen, asking you about your feedback on the test experience.