This document is to help the candidates to resolve common issues faced during a Webcam enabled Mettl online test.
Before starting the test, make sure that you have:
- An internet connectivity of more than 256 kbps.
- Updated version of Supported Browser should be installed on the system.
- Please make sure that the pop-up blocker should be disabled. (Disable Pop Up Blocker)
- Uninstall any third party software installed on the system for webcam before starting the test.
- Check the webcam before test, should be in a working condition.
- Turn off chat applications (Google talk, yahoo messenger etc), antivirus, auto updates and other notifications.
Browser for taking the test:
You can take test in any of the following browsers:
- Firefox – 40 or above (Recommended latest version)
- IE 9 or above (Recommended latest version)
Check System Compatibility: To check your system settings: Click Here
While checking the system compatibility if a candidate faces any issue; kindly refer to the following troubleshooting steps;
Common issues for troubleshooting:
1. Java Not found:
If you are getting this error message, please visit the JAVA website.
On the web page you need to click on
Once you have installed JAVA on the system, restart your browser and follow the instructions on screen. If you are getting “Java Not Found” even after installing latest version of Java.
Check if the permission as 'Always Activate' is assigned to Java add-on “Java(TM) Platform SE 8 ” as shown in this screen:
2. Java permission required
If you are getting “Java permission required screen”, wait for a java applet to load and follow the instructions on screen. Allow the Mettl applet to run.
3. Mettl servers or chat server are not accessible
Make sure your internet is working. If you have a firewall or anti-virus enabled, disable it till the time you are taking the test, or add *.mettl.com in list of trusted networks. More on network and firewall settings.
Note- With recent changes, it is mandatory to have streaming .mettl.com in the list of trusted network in order to access the web cam enabled test. This section is only applicable if you are accessing Mettl test from a secure/ Corporate network or firewall is enabled in your system.
4. Test loading takes time:
If the test loading takes time, check if you have installed any plug- ins or extensions in your browser. Go to add-ons and check for the same. Click on add-on as shown in the screen below if you are using Firefox.
5. Webcam not found:
If this error appears, close the cam and the test window (Never click on finish test), close the webcam if it’s running, and start the test again. This error may also occur if you have any third party softwares like cyberlink youcam, Camfrog Video Chat ManyCam.
If you have any such software, uninstall it and restart your computer before trying the test again.
If you need support with your online test, drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org