Instead of creating multiple questions one by one, you can upload several questions in one go using Bulk Upload feature.
Type of Questions that can be uploaded
- General Questions (Multiple choice, True/False, Fill in the blanks etc)
- Coding Questions (C, C++, Java, .NET)
- Database Query Questions (MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL)
How to create questions in Bulk
Step 1 - From the format specified on the Mettl Platform, prepare an Excel file (in MS 2007 format) containing your own questions.
Download the specified format by:
- Log-in into your account
- Click on My Questions
- Click on Upload from Excel tab on top right side with ADD Question Tab, a new page will open up.
- Click on the Get template button below the appropriate template name to download it.
- After creating your own question and saving your excel sheet in .XLS format, click on the Upload Questions button.
- Then choose the desired file and then click on Upload to upload all the questions in one go!
Why is my Excel File not getting uploaded?
Your Excel file does not get uploaded if it contains errors. In such cases -
- An error prompt will notify you in case you have missed out on any specified column which should be present in your excel sheet
- A Download Status Report link appears, which allows you to download your excel file with all the errors highlighted. You can rectify the stated errors and upload the sheet again.
- Do not use special characters in Topic Name like ' & ' or ' , ' etc.
Do read our article on validation on question content.